U.s.-Canada Visa And Immigration Information-Sharing Agreement

The information exchange agreement will provide a closer look at how much time Canadians spend south of the border. The current annual limit is 120 days or 182 with special permission. Even in the case of increased information sharing, Canada retains its sovereignty over admissibility decision-making. Canadian visa officers and border services officers will continue to review all information provided before making eligibility decisions in accordance with Canadian immigration law. CONSIDERING that it is important to administer and enforce their respective immigration laws in order to protect the health and safety of their people, to preserve the security of their societies and to promote international justice and security by denying access to their territory to persons who are criminals or security risks; The agreement is intended to enhance travel security in the United States and Canada. Visa applicants should expect an exchange of information between the two countries. NOTE that timely access to up-to-date and accurate information is essential to inform assessments of ineligibility or other immigration-related findings that are essential to their common security; Visitors from most countries require a visa to enter the United States. However, the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows nationals of certain countries to travel to the United States for up to 90 days without a visa, provided the trip is exclusively for tourism or business. Current participating countries include Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

Individuals who plan to stay in the United States for more than 90 days or who wish to change the status of non-immigrant to the United States cannot use the VWP. In addition, if a person has been denied entry to the United States in accordance with P.M.P.V., he or she will need a visa to enter later.

This entry was posted in Allgemein. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.